Unsaturated Polyester Resin
Unsaturated polyester resin is a vital thermosetting polymer in the construction industry. Polyester is commonly mixed with a reinforcing fiber such as glass to make fiberglass. And it is also known as glass-reinforced polyester. (GRP). Combining polyester with glass fiber significantly improves the material’s mechanical qualities. Specialty coatings and adhesives also incorporate them into their formulas.
Some of the features are:
- Good mechanical strength and durability.
- Resistant to corrosion, heat, and chemicals.
- Low cost compared to other high-performance materials.
- Can mold into various shapes and sizes.
- Suitable for use in composite materials