FENHAR Mica Roll/ Mica Slip Plane materials (in roll or sheet form) is a result of specially pressed mica product which is made of phlogopite mica paper , glass fiber cloth , silicon resin and special layer like ceramic cloth or stainless steel. The thickness ranges from 0.2mm to 2.5mm, tensile strength is above N/15mm and temperature resistance is above 800°C even above 1000°C .
Type of mica roll
- FH-RMG: phlogopite mica paper with glass fiber cloth on one side.
- FH-RMGM: phlogopite mica paper with glass fiber cloth inside.
- FH-RGMG: phlogopite mica paper with glass fiber cloth on double sides.
- FH-Combi : phlogopite mica paper with glass fiber cloth and ceramic fiber paper on each side.
- FH-304T1/ T2 : phlogopite mica paper with stainless steel woven mesh / tanged stainless steel plate inside
- Thickness: mica roll 0.2mm.0.3mm.0.35mm,0.4mm.0.5mm/ Combi Roll 2.5mm / FH-304T series 0.5-1.6mm depends.
- Roll width: 1000 mm (not for FH-304T)
- Roll Length: 20m 25m or customer made (not for FH-304T)
Features and Benefits of Mica Slip Plane….
- provides a vapor barrier against carbon gases,
- provides superior slip plane properties and protects the inductor coils from the expansion and contraction forces caused by thermal expansion of refractory lining,
- provides electrical insulation between the energized coil and the molten metal,
- optimizes the heat flow to prevent over-sintering of the refractory lining,
- prevents early leakage and subsequent costly damage to the coil,
- facilitates the “push out” of worn crucibles/linings
- extends the life of the crucible/refractory thereby reducing maintenance costs and down time,
- FH-Combi prevents excessive heat loss,
- FH-304T1/ T2 provides a security alarm system for molten metal leakage.